Looking for Shopify upsell apps to increase sales in your web store?
An upselling app is meant to do one of three things:
- Get one-time site visitors to visit your site again
- Convince and convert visitors to your site into paying customers
- Retain existing customers
You’ll want an app that’s powerful and time-tested. But which one do you choose?
There are so many options out there.
In this article, we’ve shortlisted some of the best Shopify upsell apps in the market. We’ll even give you our top recommendations if you stick with us all the way through!
Sounds good? Let’s dive in.
PushEngage helps you grow your website traffic and engagement on autopilot. It’s one of the best Shopify upsell apps in the market. You can create powerful campaigns to get return traffic on your site and even recover lost sales. You can even cross-sell your other offers using push campaigns.
And if you’re running an online store, PushEngage also helps you grow your sales by helping you create automated eCommerce push notifications. You can get started for free, but if you’re serious about growing your business, you should buy a paid plan. The cool part is that push notifications cost very little to get started.
Here’s what you can get from a paid plan:
- High-converting campaigns including Drip Autoresponders, Cart Abandonment Campaigns, Price Drop Alerts, and Inventory Alerts
- Higher subscriber limits so that you can keep growing your push notification subscriber lists seamlessly
- Higher sending limits so that you can send more push notifications across different campaigns as your business grows
- More ways to target campaigns, including Customer Timezone Sending, Custom Triggered Campaigns, and Personalized Smart Tags
- Goal tracking and advanced analytics to always keep improving the ROI on your push notifications
- Split testing to test your copy, images, or display rules to see which converts the best
- A Dedicated Success Manager to help you with Success Scripts, Behavior Automation, and Follow Up Campaigns
And these features are built to help small businesses grow. Take a look at our case studies, and you’ll know how all kinds of businesses have enjoyed a lot of success from PushEngage’s push notifications.
You’ll see that PushEngage is hands down the best bet if you want to build traffic, engagement, and sales for your business. And if you’re on a budget, you can always get a little bit creative with your push notifications.
OptinMonster is one of the pioneers in WordPress popups. They practically changed the way in which email lead generation works in the marketing industry. It’s also one of the best Shopify upsell apps in the market.
OptinMonster has pretty much everything you need to start, grow, and scale your email lead generation process. You can also integrate OptinMonster with an email marketing service to recover lost sales.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can do using the toolkit:
- Grow your email list smoothly for remarketing
- Convert first-time visitors into regular readers
- Reduce cart abandonment and browse abandonment rates
- Create limited-time offers with actual countdown timers
- Increase eBook downloads and digital product sales
- Create a funnel for live events
- Improve site engagement using gamified popups
- Redirect your traffic to pages and posts that make you money
- Create a list of genuine leads and remove fake emails using two-step opt-ins
We wrote a review of OptinMonster. So, if you’d like to check out the features in more detail, go ahead and check it out.
TrustPulse is a social proof software that you can add to any site. It creates social proof popups that help increase site conversions instantly. TrustPulse is fantastic for sites that sell a product online.
You can use TrustPulse to:
- Boost email signups
- Increase affiliate link clicks
- Generate webinar registrations
- Increase pageviews
- Collect testimonials and reviews
- Get more survey participation
And so much more!
If you’re creating campaigns for different types of actions, you’re going to need different types of campaigns.
And TrustPulse does this very well. You can create 4 types of notifications using TrustPulse:
You can create Recent Activity notifications to showcase your web visitors taking specific actions on your site:
And if you want a visitor to take a specific action, you can display how many other people took that action using On Fire notifications:
A more specific type of On-Fire notification is when you want to display how many web visitors you got for a specific page:
This type of notification is super helpful for building trust. But if you’re more interested in driving actions that aren’t exclusively about sales, you should check out the Action Message notifications:
We wrote a full review of TrustPulse. You should check that out for a full list of features.
ActionFeed is an alternative to TrustPulse. While TrustPulse works perfectly with any type of site, ActionFeed was built specifically for Shopify. Social proof can instantly increase trust in any product.
An app such as ActionFeed is also a great way to promote best-selling products across your store. So, even if you’re running a new store with no previous customers, you can still use it to encourage visitors to buy something from you.
The dashboard itself is fairly simple and easy to use. And you can customize the popup in any way you want. The popups can also sense if the visitor’s mouse hovers on top of them. You can also use this action to disable the popup on hover. This way, it won’t get in the way of your visitors or seem intrusive.
SalesPush is a Shopify upsell app alternative to OptinMonster, but it’s nowhere near as powerful. The types of campaigns you get include sales popups and countdown timers. Sure, it’s pretty limited. But even so, you can use SalesPush to increase sales on your Shopify store.
You can use the popups to promote ongoing sales for any of your products. At the same time, you can use countdown timers to create limited-time deals. Limited-time offers are a great way to increase urgency and scarcity in your visitor’s mind. If you’re honest about the scarcity, the countdown timers will increase your sales.
If you get orders from different sources, you can add manual deals to show up on your site as popups. This is a great option for new stores, and it can help you kickstart your revenue.
Which of These Shopify Upsell Apps is Right for You?
We recommend using OptinMonster, TrustPulse and PushEngage for any Shopify site. They’re both extremely powerful Shopify upsell apps. And they’re specialized solutions that focus on specific types of notifications to offer the most reliable solutions in the market.
The other apps on our list are best suited for specific types of eCommerce sites.
If you’re looking for a cost-effective way to increase your traffic, engagement, and sales, you should get started with push notification campaigns. Push notifications are powerful marketing tools that can help any eCommerce business grow quickly.
Not convinced? Check out these amazing resources:
- How to Set Up Abandoned Cart Push Notifications (Easy Tutorial)
- How To Schedule Push Notifications the Easy Way [5 Min. Guide]
- How to Create Price Drop Notification Campaigns In < 10 Min.
- How to Use eCommerce Push Notifications to Boost Revenue
PushEngage is the #1 push notifications software in the world. So, we recommend using PushEngage to create your push notifications and grow your eCommerce business.