Let’s get caught up with the digital marketing stats and trends for 2021.
The world went completely crazy a couple of years ago. Everyone started screaming about how “SEO is dead”.
News flash: SEO is not dead. That’s right, we said it.
Like all things digital, SEO is simply evolving.
It’s the same deal with…
- Social media
- Omnichannel marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Internet of Things (IoT) advertising
And even Blockchain (yes, you read that right).
We try our best to keep up with the times.
Hopefully, this article will help you keep up with what’s going on in the digital marketing industry and where to place your bets.
Let’s dive in.
Top Digital Marketing Stats and Trends of 2021
What were the biggest “Wait, what?” moments of 2021?
Let’s find out!
- Push notifications are on the rise, with 85% of online stores using them last year.
- 80% of consumers say they are more likely to do business with a company if it offers personalized experiences.
- Voice shopping is set to jump to $40 billion in 2022, up from $2 billion today.
- There’s been a 93% increase in blog promotion to drive traffic to their site including paid ads.
- 63% of customers are more likely to return to a website that has live chat.
- 75% of people prefer reading articles under 1,000 words.
- 35% of the web is now using WordPress.
- 48.36% of affiliate marketers earn around $20,000 a year while only 3% are earning over $150,000 a year.
- Food bloggers make 42% of their income from ads and 10% from affiliate marketing.
- 615 million devices now use ad blockers, which means your ads are not being seen by as many people.
- Only 10% of the best email marketers can achieve a newsletter sign-up rate that matches the performance of web push.
- 6.4 hours is the average time that passes before the recipient opens a newsletter. Drip push notifications are opened instantly.
- Content marketing rakes in conversion rates 6x higher than other methods.
- 91% of buyers are actively searching for more interactive content.
- Omnichannel marketing generates 90% higher customer retention and engagement rates than single-channel marketing.
- 70% of enterprises will be experimenting with immersive technologies, and 25% will have deployed to production by 2022
- Total pageviews on mobile are increasing year-over-year by almost 50% worldwide.
- 52% of users enable push messaging on their apps.
- 90% of shoppers reported that UGC such as reviews influenced their decision to purchase more than any other form of advertising.
- BitClout, a cryptocurrency platform designed to operate as a social network, has traded over $225 million within a month of its launch and is worth about $1 billion.
- Since the first week in September 2020, at least $1 million has been spent on NFTs in any seven-day period.
- More than 50 million people consider themselves content creators. Around 72 creators so far have built their creator token on Rally.
- 78% of organizations either already have or are developing a customer data platform to help manage, analyze and leverage their data.
- 41% of company owners say that Big Data and Deep Learning expertise is their most desired skill to hire.
- 30% of businesses will incorporate artificial intelligence (AI) in their sales processes by the end of 2021.
- In 2021, at least 30% of all Internet searches will be conducted without a screen.
- Zero-click search results by voice search are supplied mostly from featured snippets.
- 77% of B2B marketers say building a strong brand is key to their company’s growth.
- 75% of people recognize a brand by its logo, 60% by its visual style, 45% by the brand’s signature color, and 25% by its unique voice.
- 93% of people say the first purchase usually decides if they will continue their relationship with a brand.
- Quality, cost, experience, and consistency are the four main drivers of brand loyalty.
- 53% of businesses use ready-made templates for building a website or a landing page.
- Over 65% of people have formed an emotional connection to a brand.
- Privacy marketing is the new big thing with GDPR and CCPA lawsuits forcing brands to respect consumer data and privacy.
- As 5G technology matures, IoT advertising will become more commonplace in eCommerce and may become a support system to eCommerce SEO strategies.
- 92% of all traffic on search engines is through Google, dwarfing its “closest” rivals, Yahoo and Bing.
- Images are returned for 19% of search queries on Google. So, image optimization has become even more important for 2021
That’s all for this one, folks.
The most positive trend for PushEngage in 2021 was the rise of push notifications. PushEngage is the #1 push notifications software in the world. So, we’re super-stoked to see more and more businesses using web and app push notifications to build their brand.
What was the most positive trend for your business? Where are you thinking of investing next?
Let us know in the comments below.
And if you haven’t already, get started with PushEngage today.
Sources (a.k.a. other marketers creating content for content marketers who market content to other marketers): SingleGrain | OptinMonster | Business Insider | Cloudwards | DigitalMarketing.org | Forbes | Martech Advisor | Renderforest | statcounter (GlobalStats)