What’s the best WordPress email subscription plugin?
One of the best way to monetise any business is still to collect an email marketing list. But there are so many WordPress email subscription plugins out there. Which one’s the right fit for your business?
Can you easily set it up and get started? Is it even affordable? How effective is the plugin? What kind of features do you get? There are so many questions and not enough resources out there with the right answers.
In this article, we’re listing out the best WordPress email subscription plugins in the business. Stay with us till the end, and we’ll tell you our favorite ones.
Let’s dive in.
How to Choose a WordPress Email Subscription Plugin?
There must be over a thousand different WordPress email subscription plugins out there. So, how did we get to this specific list of plugins? What do the best email plugins have in common?
We made our choices for this list based on:
- Ease of use: Is the solution beginner-friendly, or does it require some previous knowledge and expertise?
- Welcome Sequence: Can you create an automated sequence of welcome messages using the plugin?
- Web Triggers: Can you trigger autoresponders from events such as form submission, popup click-throughs, or abandoned carts?
- List Segmentation: Can you segment your customers into smaller lists for more targeted marketing?
- Alerts: Can you schedule messages to notify the subscribers of new products, price drops, and back-in-stock alerts?
- Personalization: Can you personalize the message using advanced settings and attributes?
- Special Offers: Can you automatically send special offers such as birthday gifts and anniversary presents?
- A/B Testing: Can you split test different versions of your messages to boost conversions?
- Follow-ups: Can you create custom workflows based on how they interact with previous emails?
- Analytics: Do you get a built-in analytics dashboard to track the performance of your campaigns?
Now that we have a common understanding of the type of plugins we’re shortlisting, let’s check out the plugins.
Best WordPress Email Subscription Plugins
We’ve already picked out the best WordPress email subscription plugins. Now, we will go through our top picks and wrap things up with the plugins we use and can wholeheartedly recommend over the rest.
OptinMonster is the #1 conversion optimization software in the world. The plugin has pretty much everything you need to start, grow, and scale your email lead generation process. That’s what makes it one of the best WordPress email subscription plugins.
The OptinMonster dashboard comes with powerful automation options to segment your leads into different email marketing lists to send more targeted emails. What’s even more epic is that it can seamlessly integrate with every email marketing software on this list.
You also get a paid feature called TruLead that verifies every email address on your list. TruLead ensures that your marketing list stays clean right from the start.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can do using the toolkit:
- Grow your email list smoothly for remarketing
- Convert first-time visitors into regular readers
- Reduce cart abandonment and browse abandonment rates
- Create limited-time offers with actual countdown timers
- Increase eBook downloads and digital product sales
- Create a funnel for live events
- Improve site engagement using gamified popups
- Redirect your traffic to pages and posts that make you money
- Create a list of genuine leads and remove fake emails using two-step opt-ins
Constant Contact is the best WordPress email subscription plugin for your business. It’s super easy to use and offers tons of automation features to improve your email campaigns.
Here’s what makes Constant Contact such a great choice for setting up email autoresponders:
- Easy drag and drop builder to create emails
- Hundreds of pre-designed email templates
- Welcome messages, birthday offers, and abandoned cart autoresponders
- List building tools and signup forms to grow your audience
- Split testing for targeted emails
- Integrations with CRMs and third-party services
- Excellent support via live chat and phone
Not to mention, Constant Contact has a forms plugin for WordPress that you can use to collect leads and nurture with autoresponders.
Sendinblue is a popular WordPress email subscription plugin. You can use Sendinblue to send automated emails and SMS campaigns alike.
You can easily create triggers for your autoresponders, such as welcome messages, cart abandonment recovery messages, price drop alerts, and more! Here’s a quick overview of why Sendinblue is a top choice on this list:
- User-friendly email editor
- Option to create landing pages
- SMS marketing and live chat features
- Integrates email list opt-in forms on your site
- Automated emails for targeted contacts
- Social media integration
WPForms is the most powerful drag-and-drop WordPress form builder. Using the plugin, it’s super easy to build a fully custom form for your WordPress site in a few minutes.
And when we say custom forms, we really do mean it.
WPForms can help you create any type of contact form, payment form, survey form, registration form, and newsletter optin form you can think of. The best part? They have over 300 templates in the Pro version that are proven to work. You can instantly import these templates and launch the form in minutes.
We wrote a full review of WPForms. You can check out later. For now, here’s a quick look at what you get with WPForms:
- Beginner-friendly form builder
- Pre-built subscription form templates
- Email notifications and confirmations
- Spam protection features
- Built-in contacts management system
- Lightning-fast customer support
MailerLite is a powerful email marketing tool for bloggers and small businesses. It comes with tons of email marketing and automation features to grow your business.
MailerLite also comes with a powerful landing page builder and a website builder. You can also create triggered email campaigns right from the instant a new email address enters your list. And if you’re selling digital products, you can also use MailerLite’s payment options. Check out some of the top highlights of the software suite:
- Advanced workflow builder to automate email campaigns
- Segmentation and tagging features
- Highly-converting subscribe forms
- Stats and reporting dashboard
- A/B testing to see which email performs better
- Seamless WooCommerce and WordPress integration
Drip is a top-tier email marketing platform for eCommerce businesses that are looking to scale. Drip is not the email automation service we recommend if you’re just starting out. Most of the advanced features are seriously powerful, including tagging and dynamic segmentation. And if you’re ready to turn your email list into a money-making machine, then you should get Drip.
You get built-in tools for customer acquisition, engagement, and retention. So, it’s a great fit for even the most complex sales processes.
Here’s a quick look at the top features you get from Drip:
- Visual email and workflow builder
- Welcome email series and other drip campaigns
- Customization subscription forms
- Post-purchase email automation
- A/B testing for email optimization
AWeber is a popular email marketing service provider. It’s also one of the best autoresponder plugins for WordPress.
What makes AWeber so special is its flexibility. Its features are meant to support a wide range of businesses in varying stages of growth. The free version is perfect for anyone new to email marketing. You don’t get a ton of automation options with the free versions. But you can send out RSS emails. You also get a great drag-and-drop email builder with tons of pre-designed templates.
Also, if you’re using Canva to design your emails, AWeber has an integration that allows you to import that design.
You can also create landing pages, push notifications, and forms with AWeber. And if you’re selling a product, it has powerful eCommerce integrations as well.
Here’s a quick look at the top features:
- Professional-looking email templates
- Options to personalize your emails
- Automated email campaigns to recover abandoned carts and upsell products
- eCommerce autoresponders
- Landing page builder
- Advanced reporting to track clicks, opens, and sales
You can use MailPoet to send newsletters or create autoresponders for blogs and online stores. At the same time, you can use it as a WordPress SMTP plugin.
The great thing about MailPoet is that it also has very powerful WooCommerce integrations. So, you can send targeted and automated emails such as cart abandonment emails and browse abandonment emails right out of the box.
Here’s what makes MailPoet one of the best autoresponder plugins for WordPress:
- Drag and drop email builder
- Built-in list management and segmentation
- High email delivery and open rates
- Automatically removes inactive contacts
ConvertKit is another great WordPress autoresponder plugin that comes with the best email marketing features for creators and bloggers. The plugin works seamlessly with WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
You can automate your marketing funnels by creating custom triggers and workflows for your email campaigns. But most importantly, ConvertKit helps you create a personalized experience for all your customers.
We think it’s super cool because it comes with:
- Easy-to-use interface and email builder
- Powerful email and sales funnels
- Segmentation and targeting rules
- Automation workflow builder
- Integration with marketing services
The only thing that’s off-putting about ConvertKit is how limited the free version is. But the paid plans are extremely powerful.
GetResponse is next on our list of the best email autoresponder plugins for WordPress. The platform offers a ton of great options to grow your business, including email marketing, list management, and automation tools.
It comes with a drag-and-drop email builder that helps you create professional-looking emails even if you’re a complete beginner. You can easily insert free stock images and GIFs to level up your email designs.
GetResponse’s visual automation builder lets you segment your contacts based on their behavior and set up targeted emails. This allows you to automatically share relevant content with your contacts, such as lead magnets and new posts on your WordPress website.
Here’s what we absolutely love about GetResponse:
- 100+ email templates to get started
- Email autoresponder builder
- A/B testing for different versions of emails
- Segment lists with tags, events, and customer data
- Push notifications and live chat features
- Built-in landing page and signup form builder
- Optin and sales funnel builder
Besides this, GetResponse is packed with user engagement tools such as webinars, push notifications, app landing pages, and more.
The HubSpot WordPress plugin comes with a built-in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool. It’s one of the best WordPress email subscription plugins because you get a single software to capture, segment, and automate your email list.
If you’d like to supercharge your email listing building activities, you should also check out their email marketing tools. The coolest part about HubSpot is that you can use their entire software suite to grow your business. And all their solutions integrate seamlessly. So, you can happily invest in all their products.
What’s the Best WordPress Email Subscription Plugin for You?
It’s time for us to declare which of these is the best WordPress email subscription plugin.
And there’s no simple answer.
If you need a trustworthy email marketing service, we recommend using Constant Contact. And if you want to skyrocket your email marketing list, you should definitely get OptinMonster. But if you’re also looking to diversify your marketing channels, you should use PushEngage to send push notifications.
Push notifications are powerful marketing tools that can help you get repeat traffic, engagement, and sales. If you’re new to push notifications, check out these epic resources:
- 7 Smart Strategies to Boost Customer Engagement
- How to Get More Traffic to Your WordPress Blog (9 Easy Ways)
- How to Boost Your Web Push Notification Opt-In Rate (7 Ways)
- How to Add a Web Notifications WordPress Plugin to Your Site
And if you haven’t already, get started with PushEngage today to get to the next level!