Looking for the best WordPress popup plugins for your site?
Popups are a really cool way to convert your website traffic into subscribers and paying customers. But creating HTML popups are a pain. So, popup plugins are the right way to go if you need to create popups without having to hire a development team.
But which of the 100+ plugins in the marketplace is right for your brand? Can you use a free plugin? Are the paid plugins even worth it? What kind of features should you be expecting?
In this article, we’re checking out the best WordPress popup plugins in the market. And if you read all the way till the end, we’ll even give you our top recommendation!
Let’s dive in.
Best WordPress Popup Plugins
Popup plugins are a great way to increase conversions on your site. And you can now create very creative popup campaigns with advanced targeting features such as exit intent targeting. Let’s check out some of the best WordPress popup plugins in the market now.
OptinMonster is one of the pioneers in WordPress popups. They practically changed the way in which email lead generation works in the marketing industry.
OptinMonster has pretty much everything you need to start, grow, and scale your email lead generation process.
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can do using the toolkit:
- Grow your email list smoothly for remarketing
- Convert first-time visitors into regular readers
- Reduce cart abandonment and browse abandonment rates
- Create limited-time offers with actual countdown timers
- Increase eBook downloads and digital product sales
- Create a funnel for live events
- Improve site engagement using gamified popups
- Redirect your traffic to pages and posts that make you money
- Create a list of genuine leads and remove fake emails using two-step opt-ins
We wrote a review of OptinMonster. So, if you’d like to check out the features in more detail, go ahead and check it out.
TrustPulse is a WordPress social proof popup plugin. You can use the plugin to create small popups that showcase social proof on your website in real-time. This nudges other web visitors to convert as well.
TrustPulse works really well with different types of sites. Whether you’re running an eCommerce site or a blog site, you can use the plugin to;
- Boost email signups
- Increase affiliate link clicks
- Generate webinar registrations
- Increase pageviews
- Collect testimonials and reviews
- Get more survey participations
- Increase direct sales
And if you’re not sure how to get started, you should check out our review of TrustPulse.
HubSpot offers its very own WordPress plugin that makes it easy to create popup forms and add them to your WordPress site. Along with the ability to create popups, the HubSpot plugin also offers features like live chat, analytics, email marketing, CRM, and more.
Some of the biggest reasons to use HubSpot to create your popups are:
- It’s completely free and easy to use
- Fully customizable popups
- Built-in analytics to monitor your popup forms
- Hundreds of pre-built form templates
- Integrations with other WordPress plugins such as WPForms
The HubSpot WordPress plugin is free to use and it includes popups, forms, CRM, live chat, email marketing, and analytics.
Icegram is an easy to use popup form plugin for WordPress. It allows you to make beautiful opt-in forms and calls to action (CTAs) on your website and convert visitors to subscribers and customers.
Icegram has 4 types of popup styles: lightbox popups, header and footer action bars, toast notifications, and slide in messengers. You also get several options to display the popups on specific pages, categories, or posts.
This plugin does allow you to connect your popup forms with email newsletter tools like Constant Contact, AWeber, and GetResponse, in order to grow your email list.
#5. Thrive Leads
Thrive Leads is one of the best WordPress popup plugins of all time. It lets you create gorgeous popups and optin forms right from your WordPress dashboard. And the coolest part is that Thrive Leads is part of the Thrive Suite of plugins. You get a powerful bundle of plugins to help you grow your online business.
Top features include:
- Powerful A/B testing options
- Multiple types of optins and popup forms
- Hundreds of pre-built templates optimized for conversions
- Lightning-fast editing in their uniquely visual, real-time, drag and drop builder
Thrive Themes has long been known for its high-quality suite of plugins. If you get their entire suite at the same time, you save a lot and get access to premium features instantly.
Bloom by Elegant Themes is one of the most popular WordPress theme builder plugins in the world. Bloom comes with a default theme for your popups that you can use right out of the box. But if you’re looking for custom popup designs, Bloom allows you to customize every inch of your popups and create templates without any coding.
And there are hundreds of pre-built templates in Bloom. Of course, that includes settings to boost conversions as well. The most popular features include:
- A fully functional drag-and-drop visual builder
- A marketplace of third-party apps that makes it super easy to extend the functionality
- One-click import for pre-built templates
There’s no free version for Bloom. But you can get a free trial to test out the plugin.
#7. Elementor Pro
Elementor Pro is one of the best WordPress landing page builders in the market. It’s also one of the best WordPress popup plugins as well. The beauty of Elementor Pro is that you can create landing pages and popups using the same plugin. You also get access to an entire library of pre-built design templates for all kinds of websites.
Popular features include:
- Powerful page builder addon: Could be useful if you’re already using Elementor as a page builder
- Easy to set up: Pre-built popup templates
- Flexible to create: Popup customization options for size, position, behavior, and more
- Email Connectors: Integrates with email marketing services
The downside is that you can only use these features if your site was built in Elementor. If not, then this solution won’t be useful for you at all. But if you’re running a site built using Elementor, you should upgrade to Elementor Pro to access the coming soon mode.
Which of These is the Best WordPress Popup Plugin for You
Hands down, OptinMonster is the best WordPress popup plugin. If you consider the balance between price, performance, and features, there’s really no contest. We recommend that you go ahead and start creating popups right away.
After that, all that’s left is generating traffic to your site so that your social feeds can get to work.
A simple way to do that is to start using push notifications. Sending push notifications is a great way to generate repeat traffic for your site. If that’s something you’re interested in, you should check out these articles as well:
- Push Notification Cost: Is It Really Free? (Pricing Analysis)
- How to Get More Traffic to Your WordPress Blog (9 Easy Ways)
- How to Boost Your Web Push Notification Opt-In Rate (7 Ways)
- How to Add a Web Notifications WordPress Plugin to Your Site
We recommend using PushEngage to send your push notifications. PushEngage is the #1 push notification software in the world. So, if you haven’t already, get started with PushEngage today.