Need a WordPress coming soon page plugin for your site?
We understand. There’s a lot to consider when creating a coming soon page on WordPress:
- Designing a coming soon page can be a pain when you’re already stressed about creating your core business
- It’s not always super clear how to use a coming soon page to your advantage
- Creating a poor coming soon page offers a very bad experience to first-time users
But that’s exactly why we have plugins, right?
The only problem is…
Which one of the 150 WordPress coming soon page plugins do you choose? And which ones won’t break your theme because of compatibility issues with a caching plugin?
No worries. In this article, we’ve listed out the top coming soon page WordPress plugins.
Let’s find the right one for you.
What Is a Coming Soon WordPress Plugin?
A WordPress coming soon page plugin is a simple plugin that lets you create a temporary coming soon page across your entire website or on very specific pages. It’s meant to tease the launch of a new product, feature, or your new website. And when the new content is released, the plugin automatically removes the coming soon page and publishes the new content.
Here’s an example of a WordPress coming soon page built with SeedProd:
WordPress coming soon plugins allow you to quickly create, customize, and deploy pages like this one.
But why would you want to create a coming soon page in the first place?
Creating a coming soon page on your WordPress site:
- Boosts your SEO: Improve your domain authority before you even launch your site
- Creates a buzz around your product: Run a pre-launch campaign from a simple coming soon page
- Grows your email list: Start a pre-sales campaign to collect leads and even advance payments
From a marketing point of view, a coming soon page is a super effective way to generate traffic and leads when you don’t even have a product or service website in place.
Best WordPress Coming Soon Page Plugins
By now, you already understand why a coming soon page is great. So, let’s dive right into our top picks for WordPress coming soon page plugins.
SeedProd is the most popular coming soon WordPress plugin. To be fair, SeedProd can do WAY more than just create coming soon pages. But if you want to check out everything that SeedProd can do, you should check out our review.
For now, let’s focus on why you should create a coming soon page using SeedProd.
SeedProd allows anyone to create professional and high-converting landing pages without needing any design or coding experience. The cool thing is that you get a drag-and-drop visual page builder with access to 500,000+ free stock images where you can quickly add elements to your coming soon page such as:
- Custom text
- Optin forms
And much more. The plugin itself is lightweight and integrates with a bunch of different marketing software. It’s also completely mobile and SEO-friendly. Install and active the SeedProd plugin to get:
- Countdown timers for your coming soon page
- The ability to add custom logos
- Powerful integrations with popular email marketing services like MailChimp, AWeber, and Drip.
- Built-in forms (with advanced features such as progress bars and payment gateway integrations)
- Built-in email autoresponder
- Pre-loaded Google fonts
- One-click import SEO-friendly page templates
- Referral tracking for coming soon pages
- Social follow and share
You can also integrate eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads with SeedProd to build landing pages for products. You can even start building your email list. The drag and drop builder is super easy to use. Just remember to hit the Save button when you’re done building your coming soon page.
Want to see how it works? Check out this step-by-step guide on how to build a landing page with SeedProd.
#2. Elementor Maintenance Mode
Elementor Maintenance Mode is a feature included in the Elementor plugin. Elementor is a pretty advanced theme builder that loads of websites use. With Elementor Pro, you also get a maintenance mode that allows you to set up a coming soon page.
The maintenance mode enables a coming soon page while you work on launching your website in the background.
Popular features include:
- Elementor comes with design modules, page templates, and widgets
- The coming soon mode automatically tells search engines to index your website
- The maintenance mode automatically tells search engines to not index your site
The downside is that you can only use these features if your site was built in Elementor. If not, then this solution won’t be useful for you at all. But if you’re running a site built using Elementor, you should upgrade to Elementor Pro to access the coming soon mode.
Get started with Elementor Pro today!
Divi’s Theme Builder Plugin is one of the most popular WordPress theme builder plugins in the world. The way in which Divi works is that you get a complete visual builder to build web pages from scratch or using a pre-built template. Divi comes as a complete theme as well as a standalone theme builder plugin that you can use with any theme.
And there are hundreds of pre-built templates in Divi. Of course, that includes coming soon pages as well. Divi is both a WordPress theme and a plugin which means it is a versatile tool. The most popular features include:
- A fully functional drag-and-drop visual builder
- A marketplace of third-party apps that makes it super easy to extend the functionality
- One-click import for pre-built templates
#4. Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode
Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode lets you create a coming soon or maintenance page with a background image or video. On the whole, when you compare it to the other contenders on this list, it seems to be a lot… LESS.
And that’s perfectly true. While SeedProd, Elementor, and Divi have the capability to generate a WordPress coming soon page, that’s not their sole focus. Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode is a plugin that does only one thing.
But even then, the biggest upsell they seem to have is their ability to create coming soon pages with a background image or video. You can also include a subscription form on your site to collect email IDs. But that’s about it.
In terms of value for money, it’s not that exciting.
#5. CMP – Coming Soon & Maintenance Plugin
CMP is a fully FREE WordPress maintenance mode plugin that’s both fast and user-friendly. For a free plugin, CMP has a lot to offer in terms of features. This includes:
- Compatibility with any WordPress theme
- 100% responsive designs for the coming soon page
- Custom branding for your site
- Background images and videos for the coming soon page
- Custom CSS styling options
And more. If you’re on a budget and you just need a coming soon page, you should definitely check out CMP.
#6. Minimal Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
Minimal Coming Soon is a WordPress plugin that does exactly what you think: Create minimal coming soon pages!
Key features include:
- A custom drag and drop page builder
- Compatibility with all WordPress themes
- Animated and video backgrounds
- Lead generation forms
- Integrations for autoresponders and emailing services
- Admin access to edit the website while the coming soon page is up
Logged in users can edit the website any way they like. We’d recommend this for an agency seeing as they have a lifetime premium plan.
Get started with Minimal Coming Soon now.
#7. WP Maintenance Mode
WP Maintenance Mode is a pretty unique WordPress coming soon plugin. You get a ton of features from a free plugin, but they have a model where they promote their other premium products within the WordPress dashboard.
A well-known issue with WP Maintenance Mode is that it doesn’t work well with cache plugins. So, if you use this plugin along with cache plugins, you’ll either have to clear your cache every time you make a change on your site or disable the cache plugin temporarily.
But on the upside, you can enjoy features such as:
- Countdown timers
- Social sharing options
- Subscriber and contact forms
- Design customization tools
- Advanced admin access features
- A messenger bot for your coming soon page
- GDPR compliance settings
Get started with WP Maintenance Mode right now!
#8. Under Construction
The Under Construction plugin is one of the few WordPress coming soon page plugins that allows you to schedule coming pages and maintenance modes on your site. You also get some pretty cool features such as:
- Easy integration with Google Analytics
- Custom CSS for extra styling options
- Social sharing icons for your coming soon page
- Whitelisted user roles and users
You can log in to your WordPress dashboard and edit the website any time you like. Sounds interesting, right? Did we mention there’s a lifetime license starting at $69?
Get started with Under Construction now!
#9. Simple Maintenance
Simple Maintenance is a lightweight plugin that automatically creates a fully responsive HTML5 maintenance mode page. And all you have to do is activate the plugin and maintenance mode.
Some key features include:
- A simple and easy to use plugin with a very core focus
- Responsive designs for maintenance mode
- Awesome HTML and CSS designs that load super fast
Get started with Simple Maintenance today!
#10. Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode Pro
Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode is a feature-rich plugin that comes with responsive designs built on Bootstrap 3 and HTML5. It’s super convenient and you get a ton of cool features.
Of course, you get a fullscreen slideshow and multi-page content. But you also get access to epic features such as:
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- Super fast responsive designs
- Easy designing options
- Countdown timers for you coming soon pages
Get started with Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode now!
#11. Slim Maintenance Mode
Slim Maintenance Mode seems like a basic maintenance mode plugin on the surface. But there are actually a bunch of great features that you don’t get with a lot of other paid plugins. Activate the plugin to enable a coming soon page and deactivate the plugin once you’re done.
But more than that, you get:
- An alert message on your WordPress dashboard when the plugin is active
- Full compatibility with any WordPress theme
- Support for WordPress caching plugins such as Cachify, Super Cache, WP Rocket, WP Fastest Cache, and W3 Total Cache
- A 503 status code for your site so that search engines don’t index your content
Get started with Slim Maintenance Mode today!
Which WordPress Coming Soon Page Plugin is Right for You?
That’s all for this one, folks!
Hands down, the best of these solutions is SeedProd. For the price, you get a great way to create a coming soon page and a LOT more.
Did you know that push notifications come with a lot of automated campaigns? Once you finally launch your site, you’ll need a simple and cost-effective way to reach your customers and website visitors.
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- 5 Benefits of Using Cart Abandonment Push Notification Campaign
- How to Convert Subscribers To Buyers Using Web Push Notifications
- How to Add a Web Notifications WordPress Plugin to Your Site
And if you’re just starting out with push notifications, we recommend using PushEngage. PushEngage is the #1 push notification software in the world. So, your campaigns will be in safe hands.