Social media has changed the marketing scenario. It is everywhere. It’s unavoidable, it’s powerful, and it’s here to stay. It has been growing exponentially since 2004, and yet hasn’t reached the peak of its popularity. We can’t deny the fact that social media platforms are now a major source of news as well as all sorts of information.
With the ever-changing social media scenario, its high demand and customers constantly seeking attention, maintaining a balance on social media marketing has emerged as one of the biggest challenges for a social media marketer. They know very well that social media marketing provides an extensive reach and brings the benefit of direct interaction with customers.
Though social media marketing is considered as an effective strategy for engaging with customers and reaching them easily, it comes with its share of challenges. If you’re overwhelmed or don’t know where to start, you’re definitely not alone.
Be patient. Everything will take you way longer to achieve than you think.Daniel Knowlton, Co-founder at Knowlton agency
This is where agencies like Knowlton enter the scene. They help marketing teams and business owners deliver creative Digital & Social Media Marketing Campaigns that outperform traditional Marketing.
Today we got a chance to interact with Daniel Knowlton, Co-founder at the Knowlton agency.
1. Hi, It’s Our Pleasure to interview you, Please Introduce yourself to our audience in your own style.
Hey, my name is Dan Knowlton, Co-founder of Knowlton, we help Marketing teams and business owners deliver Creative Digital & Social Media Marketing Campaigns that outperform traditional Marketing.
2. We believe that every Entrepreneur has a story to tell, Can you please share “your” story of what motivated you to start this company?
After finishing university and then working in a corporate job for a year I knew there must be something out there that I could do that made me more fulfilled and happy. I taught myself how to build an audience on social media, create content and websites and was hooked. The rest is history.
3. Give us brief details about your current company and what it does?
My brother Lloyd and I co-founded Knowlton which is a UK-based multi-award-winning Digital Marketing Agency (clients include FIFA, Nestlé, Eurotunnel, Boston Consulting Group). We help Marketing teams and business owners deliver Creative Digital & Social Media Marketing Campaigns that outperform traditional Marketing.
4. What is the biggest challenge you have faced during this journey? How did you overcome those?
Patience. Everything has taken way longer to achieve and come to fruition than I could have ever imagined.
5. What marketing tactics you employed to generate 1st hundred sales?
Networking, speaking at events, social media marketing, ranking in Google, word of mouth, video marketing, blogging, guest blogging, etc.
6. Which marketing channel has been beneficial for you in getting more traffic, and customers?
All of the above.
7. How do you generate comfort and trust among your customers, so that they buy your product?
By presenting evidence for how we have achieved fully trackable ROI for similar, credible brands.
8. Organic ranking generates free traffic. What kind of strategies have you employed to improve organic traffic?
We’re no SEO experts, but we’ve made small improvements to our website keywords, headlines, metadata, backlinks through contributing to high-authority blogs, etc.
9. Can you please share any one growth hack that has worked for you?
Producing a regular podcast called The Business Anchors Podcast.
10. Re-engagement is the key to get repeat business from existing customers. Do you agree with this? How do you re-engage customers? Have you considered using Web Push Notifications for the same?
We re-engage customers by ensuring we have a structured process to maintain regular contact with them on an ongoing basis over the phone, email meetings, etc. We have used a web push notifications tool in the past.
11. What steps did you take to make this company a Big Brand? What marketing strategy you employed?
Better sales, finance, marketing, and operations processes.
12. What is the next milestone for the company?
We have a 2030 plan where we will grow to 10-15 staff, bringing in a certain amount of revenue to allow us to be in a position where the stand-alone business is worth a nice amount of money.
13. As per you what skills a founder must possess in order to succeed?
Patience, resilience, motivation, work ethic.
14. What is the best advice would you like to give to a future entrepreneur?
Be patient. Everything will take you way longer to achieve than you think.