Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
Automatic Segment + Auto Responders = Personalized Push Notifications on Auto-Pilot
Autoresponders or Drip campaigns have been a favorite of marketers. Usually, they are emails (and now web push) sent to a user sent out based on a pre-determined schedule. They solve the problem of a new person who joins your website or signs-up. On signing-up, you can welcome them with welcome e-mail. You can now use web push notification to create drip campaign. Create a welcome drip notification trigger campaign to onboard all your new customers and all users will have a consistent experience. Drip push notifications can be used to create multiple campaigns depending on your business. It can also increase CTR for your push notification by 312%.
- Tech Product/Service – you can create series of notifications to teach customer about your product
- E-commerce – Create a series of notification for multiple segments of users
- Travel – You can create drip campaigns based on user segment. For e.g. its summer season and user are interested in a hotel. Create a series of drip notification showing the best places to visit in summer and also the top hotels.
Drip notification is very powerful and you can get higher engagements with your subscribers.
What are Drip Campaigns, and How to Use it in Web Push Notifications?
These are known by many names and popular in the email marketing – automated emails, lifecycle emails, autoresponders, marketing automation or drip marketing campaigns are the several names that people use. We bring the idea to Web Push Notification world, and now you can schedule a series of push notification after the users subscribe, at fixed intervals– example in 30 mins after subscription, and another one after 1 day.
With PushEngage, you can run autoresponder campaigns or drip campaigns. Nurture and nudge your customers slightly each time, and convert them into a customer over time.
PushEngage allows you to automatically segment your users based on where they subscribed or based on what they browse on your website. Based on different site actions, like watching a video, or downloading an e-book, you can send them a series of automated push notifications and implement drip web push notification campaigns.
Using this you can decide on several different sets of Drip Campaigns for each set of users. Even better you can manage the segments for the user dynamically. So if a user is moved out of a group, they would be unsubscribed for any subsequent messages in that Drip.
See the below example, where once a user subscribes we can Nurture them with various kind of content, on different days.
How to Configure an Autoresponder Web Push Campaign in PushEngage
Drip campaigns and Autoresponders are a new concept in Web Push Notifications. We will try to make the task easier and describe specific steps to run these in PushEngage.
You can enable a Web Push Notification Autoresponder campaign and send to all subscribed users or to a list/segment of users in PushEngage. To segment your users into specific lists, this can happen on specific pages, or when the user specifically subscribes to a curriculum of notifications – like – 7 days of Blogging Tips.
How To Create a Drip Marketing Web Push Notification Campaign in 5 Minutes
While segments are not mandatory, we recommend them for personalization.
Campaign Idea: For all subscribers who are automatically added to Videos segment will be automatically sent a link to a new video based on the GATE curriculum and we will eventually by sending 1 video a day, cover all the videos in 30 days.
To Implement this, we go to Create Drip Auto Responder, under Automation
Now Create the Auto Responder Series and we configure the UTM variables for tracking
Now Create the series of Notifications to be sent after 10 mins and after 1 day as an example,
You can check the below video for a clear understanding of how to Create Drip Auto Responder:
Measuring the Result of Drip Campaigns
Once you have complete these Drip Campaigns, you would be interested in seeing how each of the stages of notification is performing. For that Visit Autoresponder Analytics and Click on the Just Created Drip Campaign
To see details of each stage, please click on the Drip Campaign name and you will see detailed analytics. That is it, sit back and watch traffic increase and visitors engage and come back to your site with the Drip campaigns.
Note: How To Segment Your Users or Automatically Segment Them
You can have a separate landing page or a segment a subscriber on an action on your site, or on subscribing from a specific page.
Method 1 – Automatic Segmentation –
In our earlier example for automatic segmentation for GateStudy.com, we had automatic segmentation enabled, and the subscribers who landed on
- http://www.gatestudy.com/multiple-choice-questions and subscribed => Were moved to Segment MCQ
- http://www.gatestudy.com/gate-ece-video-lectures and subscribed => Were Moved to Segment Videos
Here are the steps to follow –
- Go to Segmentation – > Manage Segments,
- Create Segment Name MCQ.
- Now Go to Automatic Segmentation. Select a segment MCQ as segment name and define the rule. We define the rule as URL at time of subscription contains multiple-choice-questions.
- Do the same for segment Videos. After rules are defined it will look like this.
- Test the Rule – Check if this Rule is working fine, and take an example URL where the customer subscribes
- Segment Analytics: After few days you will see the live data of how many subscribers are in each segment
To use this method of segmentation, just add the following line of code where you want to add the customer to a segment. This can be when the visitor browses the page, or on some condition, watching a video, or clicking a video.
<script> _pe.addSubscriberToSegment('segmentname'); </script>
Bonus Tip: If you want to remove a customer from a segment, use the below call. Using a combination of adding a customer to a segment and removing it, you can manage the customer context accurately, and thus can personalize notifications.
<script> _pe.removeSubscriberFromSegment('segmentname'); </script>
For more details check our Web Push Notifications API.
Drip Automation is available from the Large Business plan, so go ahead and register and try it out. For more questions email us at email@example.com or you can check out the support for further queries.
- How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
- How to Configure a Firebase Cloud Messaging Key & Why You Should Use FCM API Key
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- Guide to Implementing Web Push Notifications, Without a Vendor Lock-in
- Abandon Cart Push Notification – A Must Have for E-commerce Sites
- How to Go Live With Web Push Notification Using PushEngage in 3 Easy Steps