How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
Updated on 07-Sept-2017
We have observed that most customers like the Push Notification channel, as long as the messages are personalized and not too frequent. But if you want to turn off your push notifications, we have a guide below. This includes turning off facebook desktop notifications, twitter browser push notification or browser notifcations from any site. We are sharing this so this makes it easy for you to turn off the desktop notifications.
However, there are times when a user loses interest in a site or receiving notifications from a web site. The customer is in full control and can at any time unsubscribe to Push Notifications through Chrome & Firefox Settings.
There are 2 ways to unsubscribe from Push Notifications.
Method 1: Unsubscribe at the time you receive a notification from a website
Chrome offers a simple single click opt-out and if you right click when you receive a notification, it will show a option to disable notifications from that domain, as shown below. Just click on that link to unsubscribe. Here is an example
Method 2: Unsubscribe from receiving notification from a website without a notification
Here are step by step instructions to unsubscribe from Chrome Push Notifications
- Open a new browser tab and type chrome://settings/content and you will see the below pop up
2. Go to Notifications section. Click Manage Exceptions. This will list all the URL from where you have subscribed to notifications. You can click on the URL of the site you want to unsubscribe. You can allow or deny or completely remove a website
For Firefox, follow the steps outlined here (summarized Below)
- Go to the Firefox menu and select Options.
- Select the Content panel and click the Choose… button under Notifications.
- Select the site.
- Click Remove Site.
2) Mobile Browser
If you are trying to unsubcribe from Chrome Mobile browser, follow the following steps.
- Open the Chrome browser , then go to settings by clicking the menu on top right.
- Go to Site Settings
- Next Click on Notifications.
- Here you will see a list of websites to whom you have granted permission to display notifications. Select the site you want to unsubscribe, and then click Clear and Reset.
- How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- Abandon Cart Push Notification – A Must Have for E-commerce Sites
- How to Configure a Firebase Cloud Messaging Key & Why You Should Use FCM API Key
- Announcing our Black Friday 2017 Offer – Get 35% Off on Annual Plan
- How to Go Live With Web Push Notification Using PushEngage in 3 Easy Steps
- Guide to Implementing Web Push Notifications, Without a Vendor Lock-in
- How to Setup Abandoned Cart Web Push Notification in 10 Minutes with PushEngage?
- [Ebook] A Complete Guide To Web Push Notifications By PushEngage
- Segmentation of Users Increases Click Rates by 2x in Web Push Notifications – An Industry Wise Study