Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
To get the maximum out of PushEngage we have put together a guide that will help you complete the challenge. Completing the challenges set in the PushEngage Dashboard for you will ensure that your account is set up successfully and start collecting subscribers and you can push out your first campaign.
How To Complete the Challenge?
- Install PushEngage On Your Site
- To complete the PushEngage installation navigate to Site Settings > Site Details and start to enter the site name, URL, and logo.
- Then generate the API key, set the timezone, and enable the geolocation.
- Once done, click on Click Here For Setup Instructions.
- Select your site type from the option mentioned and follow the steps that are shared to complete the installation.
- If the platform on where your site is hosted is not mentioned, then copy the installation code and add it to the HTML of your website. If you have access to your root directory, then please download the service-worker.js file and add it to the root directory such that it is publically accessible.
- If you don’t have access to the root directory you can skip the step of adding the service-worker.js file. You can just add the code and use any double-step optin to collect subscribers.
Once this is done, click on Confirm and Check Status and save the settings.
2. Configure Subscription Popup Modals
- This setting is available under Design > Popup Modal
- You can select either of the Subscription Dialogbox styles by switching on the Toggle button
- To edit the opt-in click on Edit Popup and you can then enter the message you wish to show on the dialog box, change the text, and color of the dialog box.
- Once you have completed the editing click on Save and Choose Display Options > Save and Enable Popup.
3. Setup Welcome Drip Campaign
- To create the welcome campaign navigate to Campaign > Drip Autoresponders. You will see a template of a Welcome Drip, which you can activate by clicking on the Play Button.
- You can also edit the same campaign if you like, by clicking on the more option and then selecting Edit.
- You can either send the welcome notifications to your subscribers immediately or x hours/mins after completing the subscription. Instead of sending one notification, you can create a series of 2-3 notifications as well.
- Click on the collapse icon to add the notification title, message, URL, and image to your welcome drip notification.
- Once done, click on Activate Autoresponder.
4. Create Your First Campaign
- To create the first push broadcast navigate to Campaign > Push Broadcasts > Create Your First Campaign.
- Enter the notification title, message, URL and an image under New Push Broadcast. Keep a check of the character limit and image size while creating the campaign.
- Then select Save and Select Audience band on the next tab select Send to All Subscribers > Send.
You have now reached the end of the challenge and you are all set to use PushEngage.