Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
Do you want to enable browser push notifications on your Shopify store? It’s easy with PushEngage. In this article, we will show you the exact steps to go live with Push Notification on your Shopify store with PushEngage.
Shopify is one of the most popular platforms to create your own website. It’s easy to use platform with free and paid themes. You can create your own e-commerce website using Shopify. It offers integration with all the top payment gateways. You can use the Shopify apps which can ease your marketing strategies. If you are looking for push notifications for the Shopify store, you have come to the right place. You can use web push to drive traffic to your store. You can install Push Notification on the Shopify store with, or without an add-on. Integrate push notifications on the Shopify store and send push notifications. Below are the steps to install the Shopify Push Notifications.
Two ways to enable Push Notification on the Shopify store.
- Using Push Notification App
- Without any App
Steps to Install PushEngage Shopify App to send push notifications
Now install the PushEngage Shopify App and start sending web push notifications. With single-click installation, you can go live within minutes.
All the top push notification features are now available with the Push Notification Shopify App. In a single click, you can activate the features.
- Login To your Shopify Account
- Click on Apps and then click on Visit Shopify App Store
- In the Shopify App Store, search for PushEngage. Click on the PushEngage Push Notification Shopify App.
Now Click on Add app. Follow the instructions and the PushEngage Push Notification Shopify App is now successfully installed on your Shopify Store.
- You will be directed to the PushEngage dashboard. Now check out the below video on how to do the general settings before sending push notifications.
- Check your website, to see if the installation was successful. Go to your website. You will see the Push Notification Opt-in appearing on your Shopify Store. Users can subscribe to your push notification.
Web Push Notification is now successfully installed in your Shopify App store. Once the general settings are done, you can start sending web push notification to your subscribers and re-engage them.
Steps to Enable Web Push Notifications on Shopify Store without App
Steps to Enable Browser Push Notifications on Shopify Store with PushEngage.
- Adding the Code : Login to Shopify as Administrator. Click on Sales Channel, then Online Store, and then Themes.
- Edit Code : Click on Action in Customize Theme. Next click on Edit Code.
- Edit The liquid.theme : Select theme.liquid to edit (on the left side)
- PushEngage Script : Get the PushEngage code from your account. To do this after you create an account in PushEngage, login into your dashboard. Then go to Settings > Site Settings > Installation Settings. Take the PushEngage code mentioned in Step 1 of the installation.
- Insert PushEngage Script : On clicking on theme.liquid, it will open the edit window on the right-hand side. Search in the code and paste the PushEngage script before the head section.
This completes the PushEngage code integration on Shopify Store. Shopify Push Notification is now active for your website! You can now configure your PushEngage settings and start collecting push notification subscribers for your website.
Configuring Push Notification on Shopify Store
Subscription Dialog Box Settings
Go to Settings -> Subscription Settings > Subscription Dialog box.
Select HTTPS as site type, then select Safari Style as dialogue box type. Now select ON to Quick Install. Please note, you will need to have Quick Install set to Yes, for the Shopify setting to work. Here is a screenshot of how it will appear after your Setting.
Wait for 2 minutes for your settings to take place. Push Notification is now integrated into your Shopify store. You can start collecting Push Subscribers and send notifications to them. Once the subscription box is enabled, the user can subscribe to your push notifications & then you can send push notifications to your subscribers.