Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
What is it? Firstly, let us understand when you get to see any unsubscribe count. The only time you can see this count is when you send a notification. But this does not mean that the notification caused the Unsubscribe. Rather, the notification collects all the unsubscribed users’ count & only displays it when a notification is sent.
Solution? But, what do I do when I have a high unsubscribe count? There could be more than one reason for unsubscribe count going high. Below are the solutions that can reduce the unsubscribe count :
- Try to send relevant Notification (sending irrelevant notifs causes the subscribers to unsubscribe from the notifications)
- Send A/B Notifications to best try & retain Subscribers
- (In rare cases) If the service worker file gets deleted/edited by mistake, the wrong audience will receive the notification that is sent to a different segment of subscribers.
How do I avoid ending up with high unsubscribes?
- Avoid sending irrelevant Notifications.
- Notification sent in long intervals. Make sure that you engage your subscribers by sending regular notifications.