Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
It is called cart abandonment when shoppers add items to their shopping cart but depart before completing their transaction. Because it is closely tied to customer conversion rates and revenue, the cart abandonment rate is a crucial business metric for businesses to track. A high cart abandonment rate is a typical sign of difficulty in your checkout procedure or customer experience.
To recover the falling cart or, in other words, the window shoppers, we have abandoned cart push notifications to send a reminder to reminder to the subscribers about the product they added to the cart.
Here are the steps you can follow to create a cart abandonment campaign –
- Navigate to Campaign > Triggered Campaigns > New Triggered Campaign > Create New.
- Select Cart abandonment Campaign and enter the Campaign Name.
- Then you have to define when you want to notify the subscribers. You can select either of the options immediately, after #n hours and minutes, or after a certain date or day.
- Add the number of times or the number of notifications you want to create and set the time for each notification to go out accordingly.
- Then click on Save and Select Settings. Here the triggers are predefined. The campaign starts if a person adds the product to the cart and doesn’t complete the checkout. If he completes the checkout, he won’t receive the cart abandonment notification.
- The triggers here are Start Campaign If – add-to-cart and Stop Campaign If – checkout.
- The next step is to add the daily and weekly trigger limit. This will define the total number of notifications a subscriber may receive daily and weekly.
- You can enable the UTM Parameters as well.
- The next step is to click the Integrate Code button, copy the code, fire it on the add to cart, and checkout trigger events.
These events can differ from various shops but the idea is to have them as an initialization event and the second part of the code as a cancellation event. In case of cart abandonment – The initialization event is Add to cart button and the cancellation code is the checkout button/thank you page.
- Pass the variables for product name, price, image, and URL.
- That’s all. Click on Activate Trigger Campaign to launch the campaign.
If in case you run into any issues, please feel free to contact us by clicking here. Our support team would be able to help you