Notice: There is no legacy documentation available for this item, so you are seeing the current documentation.
We offer a WordPress plugin. You can automatically send push notifications from WordPress after publishing a new post using this plugin.
- Installing PushEngage Push Notification Plugin
- Search PushEngage Plugin
- Activate Plugin
- API Key For WordPress Push Notification Plugin
- New API Key
- Insert Key
- Installation Complete
1. Installing PushEngage Push Notification Plugin : With the plugin, anyone with the least technical knowledge can use WordPress push notifications. Installing the Plugin on WordPress account is very simple. Open your WordPress Account.
2. Search PushEngage Plugin : On the plugin search bar, enter PushEngage Plugin and hit search. It will display the PushEngage WordPress Plugin.
3. Activate Plugin : Install the Push Notification WordPress Plugin and click on Activate. It will ask for API.
4. API Key For WordPress Push Notification Plugin : For API, log in to your PushEngage account. From PushEngage Dashboard > Settings > Site Settings > API Keys. Click to generate API Key. It will generate a fresh API key for your account.
5. New API Key : A new API Key will be generated for your account.
6. Insert Key : Copy the API key and paste it into your WordPress PushEngage login section. Below is the screenshot of how to enter the API key.
7. Installation Complete : Once you enter the API key, the integration of the PushEngage plugin in WordPress is complete. Before sending a push notification, configure all the settings.
NOTE : If you are using any cache plugin/tool please exclude PushEngage code. Else the Opt-in will not show up.
How To Configure PushEngage Plugin For WordPress Websites?
PushEngage offers multiple features and settings in the WordPress plugin. Before sending push notification from the WordPress account, you need to complete the basic WordPress push notifications settings. You need to set up 3 basic settings after you have installed PushEngage on WordPress:
- Auto Push If you want to send a Push Notification immediately after you publish a post, then check this button. For every new post, it will send a notification to all your Push Notification subscribers
- Allow Post Types
In WordPress, we also publish articles in other formats like Page. If you want to send a notification for all other post types, then check this button.
- Use Custom Images
PushEngage allows you to send images along with the notification. If you want to select your Featured image as the image to be attached with your notification, then check this button.
After setting, if you open any new post, you will see that Send Push Notification is already selected. Another important thing is to flush the cached post by installing PushEngage. If you are changing any settings in your PushEngage account, kindly flush your cache. This way you will be able to see the changes in effect faster.
The next step is to configure the Push Opt-In. You can do the rest of the settings in your PushEngage account. All the changes made in your PushEngage account will be reflected in your WordPress push notification plugin. You can choose from 7 different push opt-in for your website. Complete the configuration of your Push Notification Opt-In and start getting subscribers to your push notification. You can check the funnel analytics for push opt-in and see which style is giving a higher subscription rate. You can also use the PushEngage WordPress plugin to send web push notification for the WooCommerce website.
You can also follow the video instructions for installing WordPress push notifications plugin on a website:
Installing PushEngage WordPress Plugin on HTTPS site
For installting PushEngage on WordPress site, you need download package file. It will be available under Settings> Site Settings > Installation Settings. Under the HTTPS tab you need to download the package file.
Unzip the package file and it will have 1 file – ServiceWorker.js. You need to upload this file in your root folder. The file should be accessible.
Installing PushEngage WordPress Plugin on HTTP site
Check out the below post to help you get the best out of Push Notifications:
- Best Practices for Web Push Notifications
- 6 Ways To Automatically Segment Your Subscribers
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- Exclude Segments For Better Targeting Push Notifications
- Comprehensive Guide on Testing Web Push Notifications
PushEngage also supports push notification integration for other platforms. If you are looking to install push notification on Shopify, you can use PushEngage. You can even use the PushEngage WordPress plugin to use Push Notification on the WooCommerce platform. WordPress plugins make it easier to start any e-commerce website.