Steps To Enable Web Push Notification on Magento Websites
You have a site based on Magento and want to integrate Push Notification. With PushEngage you can easily integrate web push notifications on Magento websites. PushEngage supports both HTTP and HTTPS mageneto websites.
If you would like to Install PushEngage on a Magento site, please go ahead and follow the steps below.
For HTTP websites:
- Log on the administrator panel of your Magento Dashboard.
- From the side menu. Select STORES>Configuration
3. In the next step: Select ‘Design’ from the left side bar.
4. Add the custom script provided by PushEngage in HTML Head > Miscellaneous Scripts section. You will find this script in your PushEngage dashboard. Go to the Settings -> Installation and copy the code.
<script src=”https://clientcdn.pushengage.com/core/xxxx.js”></script> <script>_pe.subscribe();</script>
- Save configuration to complete the integration process of Push Notification on Mageneto websites.
- After that click on Cache Management.
- Then click Flush Magento Cache.
You have now successfully integrated PushEngage Push Notification on your Magento website. If you have a HTTPS site, then read ahead and follow the final steps below.
For Older Versions of Magento follow the steps below
- Log on the administrator panel of your Magento Dashboard
- From the top menu.Select System>Configuration
- In the next step: Select ‘Design’ from the left side bar.
- Add the custom script provided by PushEngage in Miscellaneous HTML section
<script src=”https://clientcdn.pushengage.com/core/xxx.js”></script> <script>_pe.subscribe();</script>
- Save configuration to complete the integration process
For HTTPS Site
After the above steps, download the manifest.json and service-worker.js file from PushEngage dashboard under Settings -> Installation Settings
A) Save the files in the website root folder, and ensure it is accessible at https://yourdomain.com/manifest.json and https://yourdomain.com/service-worker.js
B) Thats it you should be live with PushEngage Web Push Notification on your magento website.
We provide integration for other platforms as well. Integrating PushEngage Web Push Notification on WordPress or integrating on Shopify or integrating on Blogger website is very easy. You can also check out the Push Notification Installation guide for details.
If you have questions, email us email@example.com
- How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- How to Configure a Firebase Cloud Messaging Key & Why You Should Use FCM API Key
- Abandon Cart Push Notification – A Must Have for E-commerce Sites
- How to Go Live With Web Push Notification Using PushEngage in 3 Easy Steps
- Guide to Implementing Web Push Notifications, Without a Vendor Lock-in