Abandon Cart Push Notification – A Must Have for E-commerce Sites
Cart abandonment is a common occurrence on any e-commerce website. After person visits, a website browses the items available and adds it to the shopping cart. If he leaves the website/page without completing the purchase, and thus abandons the cart. According to a study by Baymard Institute the average cart abandonment rate is 67.45%. Which means out of four, one user leaves the cart abandoned. Thus having a campaign that can convert these likely buyers is a must for E-commerce sites.
Abandonment rate’s calculation is as follows:-
Abandonment rate = Number of abandoned shopping cart / Number of completed transactions
According to a report from salecycle.com here’s industry wise breakdown of people who abandoned their cart.
There can be several reasons for a customer to abandon their shopping cart. “What made a customer visit your website?”. If you get an accurate answer for this then you are likely to understand the root cause for cart Abandonment Rate. Here is a report from Baymard that shows the top reasons for cart abandonment
Why Is Abandon Cart Notifications A Must Have for E-commerce Sites?
The average percentage of people leaving items in their cart is 75.6% in all the industries. To recover abandoned cart retailers make use of E-mails and SMS to send a reminder.
- Our recent research says that push notifications can have 3 to 10x higher returns over E-mails.With push messages, you get a chance to send messaged to a user in real time.
- The average time for recipients to view an email message is as long as 6.4 hours. Push notification comes in real time so it acts as the better reminder and pops-up so user definitely views it.
Thus, Push notifications are, therefore, a better option for abandoned cart recovery.
How Important Is Email Marketing And Why To Use Push Notifications Over It?
SalesCycle gave the conversion rate with respect to time of cart abandonment through emails. This shows sending the email within the first hour is most important. Real time nature of push notifications and higher viewability make it a better channel for such message.
33% of opened emails go on to purchase, so by increasing the open rates by using a channel like Web Push retailer can benefit a lot more.
But push notifications has better CTR than email. We made a funnel for both email and push notifications used for bulk sending and results show the difference.
It may sound hard to retarget the customers to complete the purchase using web push notifications and reduce cart abandonment. PushEngage offers an easy to implement Cart Abandonment Web Push Notification For E-Commerce. You can use our autoresponders and define a basic cart abandonment using custom segments.
This notification can be personalized and can include the specific abandoned product name, price, specific URL of the product and cart, specific Product image in the notification.To do completely personalized abandoned cart notifications you can use our newly released Abandon Cart Trigger Notifications.
You can also watch this video which explains step by step instructions of creating Abandon Cart Push Notifications:
- How to Unsubscribe from Push Notifications in Chrome and Firefox
- Drip Campaigns and Autoresponders For Web Push Notifications
- How to Configure a Firebase Cloud Messaging Key & Why You Should Use FCM API Key
- Abandon Cart Push Notification – A Must Have for E-commerce Sites
- How to Go Live With Web Push Notification Using PushEngage in 3 Easy Steps
- Guide to Implementing Web Push Notifications, Without a Vendor Lock-in